International standards with local appliance
While aspiring to European standards and innovative approaches to legal practice, we are essentially a Russian law firm and know how to apply the best international legal practices in local conditions.
Working with clients all around the world
Our local expertise as a national law firm and the global experience of our extensive network of international partners mean we are able to work with clients not only in Russia, but also in Europe, North and South America, Asia, Africa and Australia. This gives us a unique opportunity to adopt the best Russian and international practices in projects all over the world.
Identifying unique characteristics in every business
We devote a great deal of attention to the distinctive characteristics and unique features of each business and each project, providing individually tailored and smart solutions to meet all the client’s requirements and expectations.
Banking & finance
Maxima Legal offers a wide range of legal services in the field of banking and financial transactions, raising equity and debt capital, project and structured finance as well as leasing, corporate and commercial loans, bank credit lines and other lending transactions, deals involving securities and derivatives, securitization, and debt restructuring.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- advising on public regulation of financial services and capital markets, taxation in respect of various aspects of financial transactions and currency control;
- advising on legal organization of project finance (including mergers and acquisitions, financing of PPP projects and other infrastructure projects, real estate and construction projects, trade projects) in various forms under Russian and foreign law;
- legal support of various financial transactions in Russia and abroad, including raising equity and debt capital, project and structured finance, leasing, deals involving securities and derivatives (future and forward contracts, options and swaps);
- advising on secured transactions, drafting security arrangements;
- legal due diligence of pledged property, counterparties and their businesses;
- advising on IPO issues on major stock exchanges around the world, as well as on compliance with the requirements of stock exchanges and national legislation in respect of the issuer;
- advising on securitization;
- debt collection in respect of investment and other financial transactions, debt restructuring support;
- advising on a wide range of issues connected with activities of credit and insurance companies and other organizations in financial markets.