International standards with local appliance
While aspiring to European standards and innovative approaches to legal practice, we are essentially a Russian law firm and know how to apply the best international legal practices in local conditions.
Working with clients all around the world
Our local expertise as a national law firm and the global experience of our extensive network of international partners mean we are able to work with clients not only in Russia, but also in Europe, North and South America, Asia, Africa and Australia. This gives us a unique opportunity to adopt the best Russian and international practices in projects all over the world.
Identifying unique characteristics in every business
We devote a great deal of attention to the distinctive characteristics and unique features of each business and each project, providing individually tailored and smart solutions to meet all the client’s requirements and expectations.
Energy & Utilities
The energy and utilities sector is one of the fastest developing areas of the Russian economy.
Maxima Legal’s Energy and Utilities team is made up of specialists with detailed knowledge and extensive experience of working in the areas of regulation of the energy market, supply of heating, water and sanitation and also in household and industrial waste management. The principle aim of our practice is to provide advice that, whilst taking into account the requirements of the sector’s regulations, identifies the most effective resolution of issues which may arise during investment projects or commercial activities in the energy and utilities sectors.
Services provided by our Energy and Utilities practice include:
- providing extensive legal assistance in investment projects connected with the generation of electricity, heating, construction or reconstruction of supply networks and other projects in the energy and utilities sectors;
- conducting due diligence for businesses wishing to acquire companies providing utilities or becoming involved in investment projects;
- providing advice on the regulation of energy companies and other issues connected with operating in the energy and utilities sector;
- providing advice on taxation and tariffs applied to energy and utility companies;
- providing legal advice and assistance when interacting with state and municipal authorities; and
- assessing and advising on the compatibility of proposed statutory instruments and acts concerning the energy and utilities sector with existing laws.