International standards with local appliance
While aspiring to European standards and innovative approaches to legal practice, we are essentially a Russian law firm and know how to apply the best international legal practices in local conditions.
Working with clients all around the world
Our local expertise as a national law firm and the global experience of our extensive network of international partners mean we are able to work with clients not only in Russia, but also in Europe, North and South America, Asia, Africa and Australia. This gives us a unique opportunity to adopt the best Russian and international practices in projects all over the world.
Identifying unique characteristics in every business
We devote a great deal of attention to the distinctive characteristics and unique features of each business and each project, providing individually tailored and smart solutions to meet all the client’s requirements and expectations.
Sports & entertainment
Sports & entertainment practice has existed in our firm since 2010 and is unique. Currently Maxima Legal is one of only a small number of Russian law firms, which has organised and purposefully developed independent legal support in such fields as sports and entertainment.
Present-day sport is a large and fast-growing sector of Russian business, which requires full and comprehensive legal support on various levels. The recent achievements of Russia in this field (in particular, the fact that Russia hosted the 2014 Winter Olympic Games and will host the Football World Cup in 2018 undescore the importance of sport and entertainment and the booming interest in these spheres.
Our team includes several highly qualified experts in sport, investment, real estate and construction, IP, mass media and data protection laws, which allows the firm to work on a wide range of projects in the sport and entertainment fields.
Our Europen and North American partners who focus on sports and entertainment enables us to provide qualified legal support not only within Russia, but also beyond it.
Our sport practice provides a wide range of legal services related to:
- organisation of sport competitions at national and international levels
- organisation and legal support of finance projects related to sports, including those involving institutional investors and banks, by means of various financial instruments
- organisation and legal support of sports related to merger and acquisition (M&A) transactions
- development of territories, design, construction and use of stadiums and other sports objects
- sports-related advertisement and sponsor projects in Russia and abroad
- activity of Russian and international sport federations
- relations between Russian and international sports federations, between sport federations and clubs, and particularly, between athletes and other sport professionals, including matters related to the drafting and application of sport regulations, contracts, agreements, solidarity mechanisms, etc.
- the organising of application and disposal of competition broadcasting rights, etc.
- employment of athletes, coaches, artists, managers and other sport professionals in Russia and abroad
- resolving disputes in Russian, foreign and international arbitration and national courts (between Russian and international sports federations and between sport federations, clubs and particular athletes, including matters related to application of sports regulations and rules, anti-doping rules, contracts, agreements, etc)
In the entertainment industry, our firm provides legal services related to:
- organisation of concerts, performances, exhibitions and other public events in Russia and abroad;
- organisation and legal support for finance projects related to entertainment, including those involving institutional investors and banks by means of various financial instruments
- organisation and legal support of entertainment related to merger and acquisition (M&A) transactions
- development of territories, design, construction and use of concert and cinema halls and other entertainment objects, including the mechanisms of public private partnership (PPP)
- entertainment-related advertisement projects in Russia and abroad
- entertainment-related sponsor projects in Russia and abroad
- organisation of the application and disposal of rights to broadcast concerts and other entertainment, copyrights and associated rights to performances, phonograms, TV and radio programs, etc.
- creation of media products, movie, music and TV projects, including the work of motion picture studios, broadcasting organisations, etc.
- employment of entertainment professionals in Russia and abroad
- resolving entertainment related disputes in national courts by means of arbitration and other services in the intertainment field