International standards with local appliance
While aspiring to European standards and innovative approaches to legal practice, we are essentially a Russian law firm and know how to apply the best international legal practices in local conditions.
Working with clients all around the world
Our local expertise as a national law firm and the global experience of our extensive network of international partners mean we are able to work with clients not only in Russia, but also in Europe, North and South America, Asia, Africa and Australia. This gives us a unique opportunity to adopt the best Russian and international practices in projects all over the world.
Identifying unique characteristics in every business
We devote a great deal of attention to the distinctive characteristics and unique features of each business and each project, providing individually tailored and smart solutions to meet all the client’s requirements and expectations.
International investments & International projects
The team for international investments and international projects at Maxima Legal consists of a group of our leading experts who have extensive experience in cross-border consultancy, providing legal support for international transactions, international dispute resolution and have an excellent command of English, fluency in Russian as well as other languages.
Our services within the international practice include:
- legal opinions on Russian, foreign and international law;
- legal services for M&A and international (cross-border) commercial transactions;
- setting up of international joint ventures in Russia and abroad, drafting of shareholder agreements and other contracts;
- legal due diligence of Russian and foreign companies, due diligence of assets;
- representation of clients in litigation and international commercial arbitration, alternative dispute resolution;
- a wide range of legal services for foreign businesses and joint ventures in Russia;
- legal services on foreign law for Russian business abroad;
- drafting of international commercial contracts and other legal documents on Russian and foreign law;
- issues of Private Wealth: legal support for transactions relating to personal assets abroad (real estate, aircraft, yachts, other means of transport, art objects and cultural valuables, securities, antiques), structuring the ownership of foreign assets, legal advice on other matters relating to the clients’ property abroad, legal advice on immigration matters, assistance in obtaining residence and citizenship abroad.
Maxima Legal is a member of the International Lawyers Network (www.iln.com) - one of the biggest associations of law firms, uniting over 5,000 lawyers from 100 reputable companies and market leaders in over 70 countries. As a member of ILN our company represents Russia and its North-West region.
Participation in ILN, as well as a well-established professional network, which includes legal firms from England, Germany, France, Scandinavian and other Central and East European countries, USA, Canada, Australia, India, China, other countries of American, Asian-Pacific and African regions, who provide us with a unique opportunity to succeed in using advanced foreign experience and the best global practices, as well as helping in providing high-quality legal services with regards to both Russian and foreign law.